Mukundra Hills National park or Darrah Wildlife Sanctuary was declared a Mukundra hills Tiger Reserve on April 9, 2013. It is located on Kota-Jhalawar road, 50 km away from the Kota district of Rajasthan state.
Mukundra Hills spreads in about 760 sq km of four districts Kota, Bundi, Jhalawar, and Chittorgarh. About 417 square kilometers of core and 342 square km buffer zone.
It includes some parts of the Mukundra National Park, the reserve sanctuary, the Jawahar Sagar, and the Chambal Burke Wildlife Sanctuary.
Mukundra Hills National Park Kota
There is a natural forest area more than once for the habitat and populations of tigers in the country, Of which Hills Mukundra Tiger Reserve is an important place for tigers and wild animals.
Hundreds of wildlife species live here in dense forests, mountains, waterfalls, puddles, ponds, and Chambal. In such a case, Mukundara is a safe and ideal place for tigers and other animals. This unique tiger reserve attracts tourists for its wildlife, flora, and fauna.
Mukundra Hills Tiger Reserve Rajasthan India
Establishment- November 1955 (in the form of the sanctuary). The name of the sanctuary area is named after the hill of Mukundra, named after the renowned nature lover of Kota, Hada ruler Mukund Singh.
Darrah Wildlife Sanctuary, named after the 2003 RAJIV GANDHI National Park, changed from the Darrah Sanctuary.
In 2006, Vasundhara Sarkar passed the proposal to provide the status of National Park by keeping the name “Mukundrahills Park” but the proposal was not approved by the Center.
The notification was issued on January 9, 2012, for granting the status of National Park to Mukundra Hills. [Jawahar Sagar Sanctuary, Chambal Ghandial Sanjaryan, part of the Pass sanctuary (about 199.51km² area), announced the creation of the state’s third national park. ]
Tiger Reserve was announced on April 9, 2013. “Mukundra Hills is the third Tiger Reserve of Rajasthan”
Expand of Mukundra Hills National Park Rajasthan
It is spread over 4 districts of Rajasthan – Kota, Bundi, Jhalawar, Chittorgarh. And located on National Highway 12.
National Park Area- * 294.41 km²
Tiger project area – 759.99 km² (core area – 417 km², buffer zone coverage area – 342.82 km²)
• On April 11, 2013, the notification was issued by the Rajasthan Government to set up a new Tiger Reserve area (Ranthambore national park and a third of the state after Sariska national park), called ‘Mukundra Hills’ in the state.
• This new tiger sanctuary, spread over an area of approximately 759 sq km, has two parts, 417 square kilometers. The main tiger habitat (core tiger habitat) area and 342 sq km of buffer zone have been notified.
• Mukundra-Hills area connected to Ranthambore National Park is mainly located in the Hadoti area of Sawai Madhopur district, but this area is spread to Kota, Bundi, Chittorgarh, and Jhalawar districts.
Major attractions of the Mukundra Hills national park or Darrah wildlife sanctuary Kota Rajasthan
1. A special species of parrot found in Gagorni parrot Mukundra Hills, which can imitate the voice of a human being. It is reddish and has a reddish color on the wings.
It is called the Hiramana Paratha and the loop of Hindus (speaking in the human voice). In ancient times this parrot was used for espionage. This forest department has declared the mascot of the Jhalawar district.
2. MukundraHills are famous for gorgeous and storks.
3. Sambar, Chital, Nilgai, Harin, wild boar, fox, rabbit, etc are found in the Mukundara hills.
4. This sanctuary is famous for Dakhda (Anojis Pandula) forests.
Timing of Mukundra Hills National Park
Monday to Sunday: 10.00 AM to 5.00 PM
Entry Fee of Mukundra Hills National Park -250INR
How to Reach Mukundra Hills National park Kota Rajasthan
Nearest Railway Station of Mukundra-hills National park:- Kota Rajasthan 60 KM
Nearest Airport:- Jaipur Rajasthan 300 KM
By Road:- NH 52 Kota & Jaipur
taxi facility also available from Kota railway station to Mukundra hills national park Kota Rajasthan.
Also, Read Other National parks In Rajasthan:-
My self Dev Satish. I’m an Author and Founder of tourism-rajasthan.com. I’m from Rajasthan and If I talk about my Education then I’m Law Graduate. I love doing work that makes me happy, that’s why I love traveling. you will find Rajasthan travel ideas & tips on this blog.
2 thoughts on “Mukundra Hills National Park Kota Rajasthan”
Wow, Its Nice Place, Could you please, Route Us how to Go To this location by all possible ways
the power of nature and excellent photography. nice one.